Difficulties of travel on the road to Assossa. The British Council driver, Teklehaimanot Yigletu, remains cheerful
- March 1997: Amhara (Bahir Dar), Tigray (Makele) first visit to Gambela, Afar (Assayita), Sidama and Wolayita (Awassa).
- September 1997: Second visit to Gambela, Oromia (Addis Ababa, Goba and Gebre Guracha)
- October 1998: Harar and Somalia (Jijiga)
- November 1999: Benishangul-Gumuz (Assossa and Chagni), Amhara (Bahir Dar)
- January 2001: Gurage (Welkite), Kafa (Bonga), Omo (Jinka, Benetta and Key Afar).